Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Kansas City

I arrived in steamy Kansas City, Missouri yesterday afternoon, after a super early flight of 6am from Hartford. I ended up having a 4 hour layover in Detroit and used the time to watch "Finding Neverland." The movie is quite poignant and I thought to myself, "great, here I am in the middle of the airport, trying to brush away my tears." (If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it)

Anyhoo, I was psyched to find a public transport bus to the downtown area for only 50 cents! I saved myself the hassle of a $17 shuttle trip. Apparently, it was an "ozone alert" day which meant that the fare was reduced from a buck and a quarter to fifty cents. I guess I was more caught up with the savings than worrying about the signifcance of "ozone alert."

Everyone so far has been incredibly friendly and welcoming. I'm impressed with the Mid-West hospitality, as people in the Northeast are not overly hospitable. Don't get me wrong, we're nice people, but not as nice as the Midwest folk.

Today, is the first day of the Family Medicine Conference. I'm hoping to get more information on various residency programs across the country, minus the sout and mid-west, no offense.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello James,

I will certainly check up on you here from time to time. I will miss your cheery voice, so this will help! :)

Hugs,

Philip

Chris Flannery said...

this is like 5th sabbatical...

i'm just jealous.

good luck, stay safe, have fun, and don't eat any more guinea pigs.