Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

World AIDS Day

In preparation for World AIDS Day, I did a lesson on HIV/AIDS with my classes and showed the movie, "Philadelphia," which was well received. To be honest, I was surprised with how much my students already knew about HIV/AIDS and was glad to know that they were mostly well informed. Anyhoo, I just wanted to throw it out to y'all that World AIDS Day is this coming Saturday, December 1st. I am sure that there is an event: memorial service, candle light vigil, etc. happening near you. I found that this website has a list of events worldwide: World AIDS Campaign (Its listed by country in alphabetic order) or check local papers for events. Tell your family and friends and get involved!

No comments: