Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

14 students!

2nd day of class = 7 times more students than on Tuesday. Most of the class thought I would not be arriving until next week, which is why only 2 appeared 2 days ago. Thus, I went through introductions again. I had them introduce themselves, where they're from, their speciality, why they chose medicine, etc.

Interestingly, most of the doctors went into medicine because their parents chose that career for them. I'd like to think that I ended up in medicine through my own volition, so it was fascinating to hear answer after answer be "my parents." Nevertheless, this is probably common in the US too.

Its strange to me to be teaching older people, and on top of that they're already doctors! There are cardiologists, gynecologists, etc and I feel that I am being patronizing when I go through how to pronounce different body organs/parts. The students' English varies but most of the class is right at intermediate, I think. So I'm excited to help them improve their English, and to use medical terms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE FRIEND http://k8nvt-tsq.blogspot.com/

I CAN HELP U SOMETHING !
k8tsq@Yahoo.com.vn