Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

2nd day of Orientation

There are 15 new teachers going through the orientation program at the Stanley house. There are several other teachers that are returning, but do not have to repeat sessions such as 'Panomrama of the country's history in 3 sessions' or How to Teach English as a second language.

So far it has been pretty informative and I appreciate all the advice we are getting on how to run a class. Its kind of nerve racking because they said our class size could range from 30 to 50!

Overall, I realize that the anticipation of anything unknown is usually much worse than what actually happens. Nevertheless, everything from teaching conversational English to the description of the coal mines' impact in the north, which is where I'll be, is overwhelming. Apparently, during the winter, the snow becomes black because of the soot. Also, the water is not safe, even after boiling.

The list goes on, but as corny as this sounds, I know that it'll work out and whatever happens, I'll make the best of it.

No comments: