Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

More adventures in Bangkok

I've ventured out into Bangkok a bit more the past few days, but sightseeing hasn't been high on my list during my stay here. The days have been spent more with family and as if you coudn't tell, consuming as much Thai food as humanly possible.

On Sunday, I was supposed to be at the Thai church to hear my aunt sing. I didn't comprehend why I was coming as I don't understand any Thai, except: "hurry up, delicious, and let's go!" Thus, when I didn't see my aunt when the service started, I thought maybe she had gone to the adjoining Chinese church, so I left and wandered down the street to this Buddhist Temple.

I actually appreciated the time spent inside, meditating in my own way. While I don't necessarily prescribe to any religion, I think myself to be of a more spiritual person who appreciates the teachings of multiple religions.


Wat Hua Lamphong



Little girl offerring prayers








Yesterday, Wei-Min and I went to Siam Ocean world which is part of another shopping complex near our home. I hadn't had the opportunity to take out Wei-Min and hang out with him sans other family, so I was psyched to explore the aquarium with him. It was fairly interesting and I actually gained some new tibits of information.




A Car Tank!



Not only is the steering wheel on the wrong side, there are fish swimming in the car!







Wei-Min in a TV Tank


I've posted all the Thailand photos I've taken at : http://picasaweb.google.com/semaj187/Bangkok

So tomorrow, I head to Hong Kong, most of my mom's side of the family resides there. After a several days, I will start orientation for my teaching program. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use my Mandarin that much, as Cantonese is the main dialect spoken in Hong Kong. Nevertheless, I've made some progress in my speaking ability, so hopefully I will be able to ask for vegetables and not pjs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James! I like your blog! Your pics are my favorite....keep em coming. Have a good time! :)
Alli