Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wetlands

Last time I visited Hong Kong, I was surprised to discover that there are ample hiking trails and many pockets of conservation areas. I always assumed that the city had expanded such that the only trees that could be found would be in parks and the occasional tree on the side of the road.

Yesterday, we went to 60 hectare Wetland Park in the northwest part of the New Territories. Did you know that most of us live near a wetland and that these wetlands support a wide host of biodiversity? One of the exhibits discussed conservation and pollution, and I learned that it takes 10L of water to make 1 cheeseburger! From the feeding of cows to growing of lettuce, there is a great deal of water invested in that burger. I'm not saying that you should not eat meat, but remember that recycling is cool, and everyone else is doing it.

After the humid and hot morning (it was 36 celcius), we met up with more family for dinner. These past few weeks, I have eaten more than I ever have, in fact, I think I've gained about 5 kilos (hopefully you won't know how many pounds that is). Nevertheless, I'm not complaining since the food is great and seeing family is wonderful.
Grandma and Grandpa







Cousins

No comments: