Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Friday, September 28, 2007

I swear...

By the moon and the stars in the skies
I'll be there
I swear like the shadow that's by your side
I'll be there
For better or worse, 'till death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart
And I swear...

These wonderful lyrics touched our Chinese hosts, our fellow Japanese and Korean teachers, as we, Kevin, Matt, Jim and I represented America, bellowing out "I swear" by Boyz II Men. It was quite the scene, especially since the song was sung to a backdrop of 5 Asian sisters running through a gambit of emotions.

Tonight, our hosts took us out to dinner to officially welcome us and to promote good relations between the foreign teacher and Chinese teachers. The meal was filled with great food, most of it vegetarian friendly (yay for me), and many toasts, followed by gan bei's (bottoms up). Its a rather early night for us, but that's because we have a 7:30AM train to catch.

Unlike my pack for the Machu Picchu Trail, this trip will only consist of a small backpack and my merse. I think its the lightest I've ever packed for a week long trip. Anyhoo, I'll try to update during my trip, but I might not be able to until my return the following weekend.

No comments: