Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Mom Chronicles: Dalian

When I told people I was going to Dalian, they said, "oh! why now? Its so cold!?" Indeed, it was cold, but not so bad, as its situated right by the ocean. Even though we spent a couple of days here, I really liked Dalian. The downtown was pretty compact and the shopping in the area was varied from high-end stores to bargain bins.

My mom and I found our way to a park with lots of cool statues and a enormous soccer (football) ball. Apparently, the Dalian football team is popular and during the summer, people crowd in the main square to watch the games on the huge TV screen.


Even though it was not speedos weather, we found our way to the beach areas and had a pleasant stroll.

We had some great seafood dinners. We even ate at the same restaurant twice because the food was fabulous and cheap! Dalian Photos

No comments: