Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Mom Chronicles: Dandong

Dandong is located right on the China/North Korean border. I guess I have an affinity to this particular border, as this is my 2nd venture to the border. One of the main sites here is the most eastern part of the Great Wall is found here, Tiger Mountain. It was great (...get it?) because we had the whole wall pretty much to ourselves, which was the complete opposite outside of Beijing. It was fabulous! I've been trying to incorporate the use of fabulous in the other guys' daily vocabulary, but it hasn't taken. But it was wonderful to see that little Dandong is using "fabulous."
The following day, we trekked to Phoenix Mountain, which was a short jaunt as we had to get back to Dandong to take a bus returning to Dalian to catch our overnight train to Haerbin.


Dandong Pictures

No comments: