Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

13 hours later, still cold in Shanghai

The four of us took an overnight train from Beijing to Shanghai, hoping for some warmer weather, to find that it was still freezing in this costal city (the translation of Shanghai is "on the ocean"). Nevertheless, I liked Shanghai, even a little bit more than Beijing. Shanghai is a bit cleaner and in my opinion, easier to walk around. The city seemed to be more managable than Beijing and I didn't feel so intimitaded by the buildings, streets, and whatnot.
Exploring a city on foot is tiring, but its the best way to get a feel for a place and hopefully stumble across some interesting things. We strolled along the Bund, which is along the Huangpu river, which has great views of the buildings on the other side.
Letizia and I looking at the Oriental Pearl Tower from the Bund
One of the best things about exploring on foot is coming across street food. I think I can safely say that all of us enjoy it immensely and almost always willing to try anything. Jenny says that she often likes street food better than what we get in restaurants. I like it alot too, although more often than not, its not vegetarian friendly.
Squid and meat kabobs
The gang ordering some dumplings
Explore the sites of Shanghai!

No comments: