Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Massagerific

After pulling ourselves away from scenic Yangshuo, we headed to Guangzhou, where my gooma (auntie) has an apartment. This was the last stop on my trek through China and after seeing the cities in the NE and SE, I can say that I have had my fill of Chinese cities. After a while, they all blend together, apart from the tourist sites, its all the same kind of drab buildings, a plethora of cars, people everywhere, polluted air and Guangzhou was no different. While there was some cool stuff to check out (Groovy sites in Guangzhou), I am glad to be heading to Hong Kong and to SE Asia.

On the flip side, I had the most amazing 2 hours of my life. I had my first full body massage and it was SUPER cheap, 10 U.S. dollars for 2 hours. I've never paid for a massage in my life, but my aunt has a spa-type place near her home and took Letizia, Jenny and I there. (We lost Kevin in Guangzhou). I wanted to stop time and get massaged forever. I think considering the price,when I get back to Jilin, I'm signing up for weekly massages! (We didn't lose Kevin, he parted ways, making his way to Bangkok).

Letizia, my Uncle and I headed into Hong Kong from Shenzhen, which was easy as pie. Hong Kong was our last hope for warm weather, but the theme continues of wet and cold. At least we have great food waiting for us!

Ending my China extravaganza with photo of a freakish 2 colored eye cat:

No comments: