Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Singaporsity

I've managed to find a relatively cheap Internet cafe in Singapore, which has the AC AND fan going, bonus! I arrived yesterday and am taken with this small country. Granted I've been complaining and moaning about cold weather so the warmer weather does have an uplifting effect on my mood, I'm enjoying other parts than the weather.

While it is quite hot and I am sweating up a storm, I enjoy strolling along the streets, checking out the architecture which reminds me of the buildings I saw in Macau. Also, the diversity here is refreshing; there's a mix of Indian, Chinese, Malay, Caucasian and other nationalities. Yesterday, I had a great Indian meal and have to remind myself to stay away from those yummy Pakora (veggies deep fried into a ball of goodness) or else I'll gorge myself on them. Its so interesting to see everything in 4 languages and am envious of the citizen here who can probably speaking at least 2/4 languages.

Some of the parts of Singapore that I've check out are here MERLION. You'll have to forgive me since I took a bunch of pictures in the Orchid Garden. I needed to get out of the city, so I headed to a nature reserve and the botanical gardens this afternoon. When I was hiking, I was hoping to see some of the monkeys living there. There are signs everywhere telling you NOT to feed the monkeys. But there weren't any on my trek to the summit or back down. However, as soon as I left the park, there was a whole pack of monkeys. Go figure.

Anyhoo, I'm off to find some cheap dinner!

No comments: