Jilin Panorama

¿Remember that movie ¨Wayne´s World¨? Back in the day, a friend of mine made up a song, using the music from Wayne´s world and substitued Wayne for Huang. I think it went like: ¨Huang´s world, Huang´s world, Chinese food...¨ Anyhoo, the following is on my adventures in life.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bangkok

My fabulous Aunt Nancy and cousin Peng met me at the newly built Suvarnabhumi Airport . From JFK to Hong Kong was about 17 hours and then another 2 hours to Bangkok. It was wonderful because on both legs of the trip, I had twofers! Two seats for the price of one!

(I have this same shirt!)












To pass the time, I watched several movies and tv shows. They showed Shrek III and Fracture, which were decent, and then I saw Disturbia, which nearly gave me a series of mini-heart attacks. Its a thriller starring hot new sensation Shia LaBeouf (whose in the upcoming new Indian Jones movie). He's under house arrest, and due to his boredom, starts spying on his neighbors. He begins to suspect that his next door neighbor is up to no good and that's when I began almost crapping my pants. There's a plethora of suspenseful/thrilling scenes. I had to look away or change the channel because I'm a wuss, but I enjoyed the movie. Plus, the Asian character in the movie is wearing a shirt that I own!!! Its a yellow polo with a dragon on the front and says Dragon Rojo on the back.

Anyhoo, the flights overall were not horrible, just lots of sitting around and eating. During the flight they had "late night" snacks, which was "CUP O NOODLES!" This is a blast from the past. Growing up, I had my fair share of dehydrated vegetables with ramen noodles in a styrofoam cup. Its a simple and very unhealthy snack, but kind of tasty.

No comments: